View Single Post
Old 12 Aug 2001, 01:53 (Ref:129097)   #14
Lee
Racer

Lee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
To answer your questions, in order,

"Who was the owner?" someone who you have probally never heard of before, Jim Stories, perhaps I should add the late, since he died two years ago.

"Why have we never heard of you?" Quite simple, because I did not ever get the chance to drive in a race. As stated we were testing, with the hope of entering a race, but due to rule change, lack of funds prevented team from updating equipment to comply with rules, Owner ran out of money and had to sell entire operation. There are quite a few drivers that have tested cars, and never gotten the chance to do anymore than test, I doubt you've ever heard of any of them either!

"Who signed you off?" The NASCAR competition director, who at the time was Dick Beatty (probally mispelled his name there) since retired from NASCAR, not sure if he is still living or not, if he is he is in his 80s or 90s I'd immagen.

"...delusions of grandeur." "...Mr. Winston Cup..." With statements such as these, if your intention was not to start a p1$$ing contest, lets hope that you don't purposly intend to start one!