View Single Post
Old 1 Jul 2011, 10:00 (Ref:2909176)   #152
AGD
Veteran

AGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourer View Post
Very good and very positive news - now if only Ferrari would have a crack as well - how good would that be?
Great - but probably too great. Bernie would make sure to crush Le Mans by all means possible if that happened!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audi Racer View Post
Do you think DHL(german mail carrier/package serrvice) will sponsor. I don;t know what it is about that paint scheme that has me mesmerized.
I don't know, but I think they are sponsoring the Andretti team in the IRL this year. I guess Penske could run a Pennzoil/Shell yellow car if you like yellow since Shell is a major sponsor of Penske now. Of course, Shell and Porsche would not be unprecedented, although Mobil 1 was a major sponsor of their last effort.

Speaking of old Porsche sponsors and returning legends, Dunlop will not have a major factory team in Le Mans racing if BMW pulls out after this year (granted, they do have the JMW Ferrari). The Dunlops have been racy recently, maybe they should partner with Porsche? The Bentley did run Dunlops for a couple of years. Dunlop has not won overall in 20 years. It may be time to change that.