View Single Post
Old 17 Jun 2003, 12:53 (Ref:634171)   #2
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wouldn't suprise me actually in some ways if Ganassi did get out of open-wheel racing. Not just bad for the IRL if it's true, bad for open-wheel racing as a whole.

I'd say Target are gone definatly.

Would the money Ganassi are getting this year from Toyota be transferred over to backing a Ganassi entry in Craftsman Truck racing next year? Also Ganassi goes where the money is, if Target goes and Toyota transfers backing to NASCAR for Ganassi's team, then i'd say he'll probably go.

Then again, Toyota have a minimum number of cars to supply in the Indycar Series for 3 years, so why would they ditch a top team? Also, what happened to Coors? Wasn't there talk they had left Hemelgarn for Ganassi. Maybe they could replace Target?

What about Dixon and Schekter. Where would Toyota place Dixon (he's still contracted to them next year isn't he?), i really can't see him heading to NASCAR. Where would Scheckter go.

More questions than answers. Presumebly everyone involved would have known the score prior to the season starting, so why would Ganassi have made the move?

Or is this just the start of the silly season........

Last edited by racer69; 17 Jun 2003 at 12:55.