View Single Post
Old 31 Mar 2015, 19:23 (Ref:3522407)   #28
toledo47
Rookie

toledo47 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by R.Lee View Post
I wish Greenville was a viable option for me, but it is just a little too far to travel and a bit out of budget for a single night of racing. Were it a full weekend, it might make a difference, but just not feasible under the circumstances. That was the really good thing back in the day. NASCAR ran numerous short tracks, along with the big superspeedways. The tickets were inexpensive, as was gasoline and many of the tracks were within reach, both finically and drive distance. It was not uncommon for us to go to 20 or more races a year back then. Try that now and it would rapidly lead to bankruptcy! Attending races has just gotten WAY TOO expensive, ticket prices, as well as everything else, food, lodging, etc.
Not saying its in your budget (since i have no idea about your budget). But IMO, Greenville is a pretty budget friendly race to do from that part of Georgia. I think tickets for that race are usually about $25 each. Gas is the cheapest that it has been in years, and I think the track is only about 2 hours from that part of GA. Personally, I wouldn't even get a room for a race that close, the race will probably start at 7pm or 8pm and be finished within 90minutes , or if its really cautiony maybe 2 hours (But i don't think i have even seen a Greenville race that lasted more than 90min). But if you would want a room, there are usually some pretty decent rates in Greenville (i think the Red Roof Inn is about $50). I think there are also some rooms in Easley (where the track is), not sure how much the rooms tend to be there.
The race is this weekend (April 4). I'd say go for it, but i don't know the situation that you are in. I highly recommend it though, its always a really fun event at a great historic track.