View Single Post
Old 23 Sep 2010, 07:36 (Ref:2763374)   #20
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I see you're in the West Midlands there. I don't know if you know ex-Thundersaloons and Hot Rodder John Edwards ? He bought my 1969 Zip Californian and a few Komet K77s a couple of years back and did a beautiful job on restoring them. He also has a gorgeous Superkart and that's won concours prizes at some of the historic events. He hangs out with Geoff Maddox now as part of this motley crew Team Amigo. Might be worth hooking up with them if you don't know them already... give the wife even more grief.

The Lola's a lovely car, a great project. I build a spaceframed GT car back in the 1980s myself. It broke me in every way and can only imagine how much work went into yours. After that experience I returned to karts and have been there ever since. This year is my 27th racing karts (!)