View Single Post
Old 28 Jun 2007, 19:13 (Ref:1949104)   #197
Yannick
Veteran

Yannick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks for the edit, SBF. I'm somewhat partial to it though, because you have completely altered the character of the circuit. The chicane at the bottom would effectively bypass the "step" in altitude from the original design, and and turning around the direction would make it a "step down" coming out of a bowish corner, whereas originally, it's meant as a "step up" coming from a long straight.
If you don't like the 1st corner tightening towards its exit, I can just turn that around to promote overtaking, without changing the whole direction.
Concerning the "Esses" at the left-hand side of the diagram: Do you intend re-erecting the artificial hill that was wiped away by Hurricane Rita, or leave the whole area flat?
I really like that long bow towards the top of the diagram. I also like about your edit that it's become a really fast circuit. That parallelogram-shaped slow bit at the left is definitely out of the picture for me, too.

I'll try coming up with my own edit, maybe by outlining the "step up" a bit clearer with a mild, fast Esse, by turning around the 1st corner whilst keeping the original direction and original pitlane, by replacing the Hungaroring-ish chicane at the top by Esses, and by cutting away the slow section.

But first, I'd like to await your reply :-)