View Single Post
Old 29 Jul 2017, 22:59 (Ref:3755724)   #76
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
Yeah for sure, it isn't as pure as some claim. But there will also be people who claim all race car tech makes its way to road cars, and all that silliness. As always, it is more complex than that.

Balancing technology theory and then allowing open development of those avenues is not the same as BoP. I'm not saying EoT and BoP is bad, and I'm not arguing purity and spirit, etc. But they aren't the same thing.
DPI is (for now) allowing some development though it's a BOP class. But you do have to ask the question of why have open development if it's all just going to be performance balanced to at least some degree?

Which that does lead me to a question. Will the ACO speed up LMP1 privateer cars next season and/or try and slow down Toyota to at least try and make the sprint races more interesting?

And off topic, but what's the icon that looks like an upside down camel supposed to be?