View Single Post
Old 30 Jul 2017, 00:50 (Ref:3755741)   #77
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yeah, Mr. Goodwin's post was fairly impressive, eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chernaudi View Post
I don't think we'll see Audi Sport--or probably anyone, for that matter--prior to 2020.
I think VAG has too much to spend in fines and bribes and general clean-up over the next few years to be considering a return to F1-level spending ... and regardless of what they say, i am not convinced that a lot of passenger-car tech came out of all that. I think that might be the line delivered by the racers to the higher-up to try to keep the money flowing to other racing projects.

Quote:
And I don't think we should lose sight of the last couple of sentences in Graham's post. LMP1 might have been able to survive (at least better) if the class was more open and accessible. I don't think that Audi Sport and Porsche pulling out would be as big a deal if we had 4-5 other manufacturers rather than just one outside of VAG owned operations.
Ya think?
Quote:
I think that the "go big or go home" mentality that the ACO tried to appeal to was at fault there, just as an observer's opinion.
Yup. "My way of the highway" works great until you realize the guy heading down the highway has the only ball and now you cannot play the game any more. Sheer stupidity ... or for FIA business as usual.

Quote:
The ball is in the ACO's court. Will they learn from this, of continue down a path that doesn't, at least outside looking in, make much sense?
Scary isn't it?