View Single Post
Old 21 Nov 2017, 20:32 (Ref:3782058)   #40
Razzzor
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Razzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Nothing at all to gain for Mercedes in signing Ricciardo as far as I can see and Daniel will only be jumping from playing second fiddle in one band to the same in another........
They don't while Ferrari only have 1 good driver. But if Ferrari and RB are closer again in 2018 and Merc end up coming third in the constructors because Bottas didn't pull his pants up, that's the reason they'll need to hire a better #2. Also, what if Ricciardo is champ next season with Hamilton second?

But yeah I don't think Ric will be that much faster than Bottas. Then again I didn't think he'd leave Vettel trailing.

It just depends if Merc are a team that want to have 2 great drivers that'll the constructors, but could take points off each other in drivers, or 1 great driver and a #2 that always finishes behind (hello Ferrari). At the moment they seem to prefer the latter option.