View Single Post
Old 13 Jul 2010, 08:19 (Ref:2725920)   #23
pauln
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bedfordshire
pauln should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridpauln should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was also on a roving ticket for Fri/Sat and not allowed into the Terraces, but I can see why. The tickets have to be limited in number for safety reasons - too many people in there and you get risks of crushing/crowd surge and other nasty incidents that have been seen in football. There's no way of knowing that all the ticket-holders won't turn up each day. If I was one of those and was refused entry because it was filled up with other ticket-holders I'd be mightily miffed.

Spent some time on the banking either side of Becketts, and in the grandstands at Copse (for qualfiying - excellent), Arena and Woodcote. I definitely agree that there's a good view from Arena, which should be a brilliant spot for first laps next year with the new pits. I think Woodcote A has become one of the prime spots to watch from. You can see the cars out of Aintree and then all the way through the complex and off onto the "national" pit straight.