View Single Post
Old 19 Apr 2005, 06:53 (Ref:1281827)   #28
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnSSC
5) Make the ladder series events mean something. As I've suggested before the winner of the Atlantics/IPS championship gets a ride in the big show with a solid team.
Actually I think that's been a problem for 20 years. Indycars morphed so much into european type formula cars that you really needed drivers who had that experience from europe to get the best out of them. Now at times I think we had a good ladder system, but any of the series were probably never as good as the european ones.

Also, regardless of how good the upper tier of the ladder system is, if you don't have anything feeding from below, it's just about useless. Compared to europe we really don't have much going on below star mazda. As an American you might as well buy a sportman stock car and race every weekend and maybe at least have a chance to get a local sponsor or a tiny bit of prize money to recoup your investment.