Thread: Favorite Drive
View Single Post
Old 10 Dec 2002, 14:57 (Ref:447001)   #36
Dave Brand
Veteran

England
Hadfield, Derbyshire (UK)
Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally posted by garcon
I agree about the 50 limit btw - pointless (and notice how the Derbyshire side of the border is mysteriously 10mph safer )... As far as the sports bikes are concerned, it's the difference between doing 2 1/2 or 3 times the limit
The good news is - no cameras! Apparently the road is too twisty!

Quote:
One favourite is East Oldham (Greenfield) to Holmfirth - the bumpy straight over the tops is a real bottler if you try it flat out...

One great little road is Glossop north, past Hadfield, round the reservoirs to the A628 (Woodhead), then off north again to Holmfirth. Mostly empty, and nice challenging B roads.
That's one of my favourite rides - up through Greenfield, over the Isle of Skye, turn off a mile or so before Holmfirth down the little road to Digley reservoir then back over Holme Moss. As you say, mostly empty & nice challenging roads. Hmmm, that straight has one really big bump - first time it caught me out on the bike I was singing soprano for a week!