View Single Post
Old 29 Jun 2004, 12:32 (Ref:1020046)   #10
Super Tourer
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
East Anglia
Super Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Citroen BX diesel.

I decided to try a diesel and bought a D reg BX 19 RD hatchback from my uncle, it was about 4 years old at the time.

I can honestly say that any money I saved in petrol, was handsomely swallowed up by repair bills! That car was ALWAYS leaking something. I remember parking it at the station one day and getting off the train to see it sat in a puddle of green fluid - hydraulics, again!

Had new sphere's fitted, plus a new radiator as that leaked, along with numerous pipes and hoses and finally it leaked diesel - I had enough and stuck it in the Auto Trader, got a call from a BX fan who arrived at 9 o'clock at night to view it, by which time it wa dark!

I told him about the leak (I'm an honest guy..), but he didn't care, it was love at first sight - he was so keen I stuck to my guns for the asking price, we even drove to a cashpoint for him to get more money!

He paid me and drove off besotted, whilst I was relieved to see the back of it - who says love is blind..!