View Single Post
Old 4 Sep 2017, 22:31 (Ref:3764572)   #12
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kempi View Post
95 and 05 were fully the norm. The best car wins, even if the Renault was down on power. 94 might be arguable, but in 95 the Benetton was at least on par with the Williams.
I don't see '95 like that. The Williams really ought to have beaten Benetton in '95. It was Schumachers skills that made up the difference which I reckon was at least half a second a lap at some circuits. Hill and DC often bungled the advantage. Senna certainly would not have.

The Williams was certainly much better than in '94. I suspect the Ferrari was also on par with the Benetton in '95.

In '05 the Mclaren was quicker but unreliable. Enstone had Alonso and better strategy.

2003. I venture both Mclaren and Williams were quicker than Ferrari but Schumacher won!

1990. Ferrari was probably fastest but lost out to Senna's McLaren.