View Single Post
Old 1 Sep 2008, 22:03 (Ref:2279769)   #30
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bramzel
If they're planning that they are utterly stupid and they are murdering the sport. Touringcar racing is all about cars based on streetcars, not tubeframed V8's. Also the choice for V8's is a weird and dumb one: in a time where everybody is talking about the environment it would be much wiser to use a V6, throw in some ethanol and present it as a green concept to attract more sponsors and media attention.
So far I have yet to hear one fan busting loose to get to the race track because the race cars are running ethanol or diesel. Ultimately I believe people go to be entertained, not to save the environment. Nor do I think commercial sponsors really care much if a alternative fuel is used. If it's a big deal you can always run V8's on E85.

S2000 is okay, but I think everyone is getting bored with it. Plus it's not a big draw for crowds and manufacturers have been lukewarm about it. I've heard BMW may pull out of the WTCC and Alfa is already long gone.