Old 2 Dec 2008, 13:19 (Ref:2345646)   #49
drivers71
Rookie

Italy
Birmingham, England
drivers71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by KA
Great to see those Rich- and welcome aboard! Norris raced that car for several years didn't he?- Not sure whether he was still running it when I first started spectating in '85, but it definitely rings a bell with me- though that could be from seeing it in Autosport- the GTV6 was always a fairly rare bird in prodsaloons from memory?
Norris won the UniRoyal prodsaloons championship in 1982, (Not Uniflo, as in my previous post) primarily because the class divisions were split at 2500cc, with only a few Dolly Sprints to deal with. The Capris and BMW 3.0 litres won most of the races, but with several different drivers. There was little opposition for the GTV6 in its class, so he generally won it. Peter Buxdorf had it next (I think after Norris had totalled it at Brands?) and campaigned it in various long distance events (Spa 24 hours for one), before it was laid up. I bought it in 1989 from John Myerscough (Cubleys of Ainsdale) and gradually turned it into an AROC class winner (I think the car always was a winner; it was me who gradually improved)
Castle Combe 1993, leading the Alfa field on lap 1.
Attached Thumbnails
930911CC-01a.jpg