View Single Post
Old 19 Mar 2007, 21:12 (Ref:1871757)   #7
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Esper As everything in motor racing is so expensive I personaly will spend as much as it takes to make a period race engine hold together . I don't see any sense in doing a race at a decent cicuit like Spa to blow the engine to bits using period parts if you don't have to. I could build an engine for my car for 2K and go racing but to be competitive I have to spend 3 or 4 times more.
I am a very competitive guy and don't just go out to make up the numbers. A long time back when I raced the ovals, there was a price limit on an engine that was tried for a while where you could buy another competitors unit complete for a fixed rate. This led to the top guys going slower and after a short time was dropped following complaints and a number of blow ups. I can't see this being used in classic racing today as everybody wants as much (or more) power as the next guy.

Last edited by GORDON STREETER; 19 Mar 2007 at 21:18.