View Single Post
Old 12 Sep 2011, 22:34 (Ref:2954736)   #34
scotty01292
Rookie

scotty01292 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Having never been to a Le Mans series race, and only ever watched the 24hr on telly (where i've always found the commentary to be pretty good) I can just emphasise the points already made about how an occasional run-down of positions would be great etc. etc. etc.

I thought the period with Ant in the box was class, cause having listened to his F1 commentary, he really knows exactly what he's talking about and always manages to keep me amused while giving good, informative commentary. The other commentators were good, but as others have said, I didn't like that they abandoned the race for short times to do interviews etc.

Also, there were times when it seemed like they missed large chunks of action (I have no idea what the set up in the box is with regard to screens to see what's happening etc) but my brother and I were sitting in the Becketts grandstand for a bit, and I was watching the 1 Audi when it made contact with another car (can't remember which) coming out of Chapel/at the start of the Hangar straight, and saw quite a large chunk of back right bodywork fly off the Audi. I expected to be informed as to what happened there, but it was a good 30 seconds or so later when the commentators first noticed that the Audi was damaged, and they never actually seemed to find out what happened, which left me a bit confused. Aswell, it took a little while before they mentioned McNish spinning at Village? when the Krohne car made slight contact, when we saw this as it happened.

With regard to the above points, it could be that I just didnt hear/notice the commentators mentioning these, so don't hate me if I am wrong, but I didn't notice it happening.

It was still great to actually have the commentary though, cause it would be impossible to follow without it, and I thoroughly enjoyed my weekend and my first endurance race.