View Single Post
Old 13 Sep 2011, 06:34 (Ref:2954817)   #35
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
So, there were clearly logistical, technical and geographical difficulties.

Lack of information for John in 'The Wing' and lack of time to analise what data/pictures he did have whilst playing his role of anchor man.

Trussers was unable to play his usual support role to John due to geographical difficulties and the lack of information he was able to receive in his perch. For most of the time, he commentated on what he could actually see (for a change) rather than giving an analysis of the race data combined with observations from live tv feeds.

Nick Daman tried manfully to cover the length of the pitlane, but that task is simply too big for one person (I know there were very good reasons for the absences of Tyler and Bradley).

Too many interviews, lack of hourly updates, those things are all personal preferences. My main gripe is that RLM were understaffed, a factor which was compounded by the logistical/technical/geographical difficulties they faced. Contingency should have been made, in my opinion.