View Single Post
Old 26 Jul 2017, 18:20 (Ref:3754550)   #141
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise City View Post
That race was dreadful. The rules are sprawling and fragmented for no benefit. The sport is a complete mess. And don't get me started on how the blasted champion/play-off is calculated 'coz I just don't know and I care even less.

And they are still doing competition cautions? Despite the races being sliced and diced anyway?

The changes are supposed to be TV friendly -- yet it finished two hours longer than the previous longest race here. Just stupid.
But was one of the few races this year to post an upswing in viewership and barely beat The Open Championship coverage for top sporting event of the weekend. Now, how much of that was late viewers expecting regular programming and getting a race in overtime, who knows. But a double digit increase compared to the usual double digit decrease will make nascar think they are right, this week at least.