Thread: Race Mexico Grand Prix
View Single Post
Old 27 Oct 2017, 18:00 (Ref:3776826)   #17
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purist View Post
Unfortunately, with how they redid Turn 1, the move just about needs to be clearly made before you're into the corner. After the initial start, and guys are up to speed, trying to go two-wide around that apex is fairly likely to end in either a collision or a track limits infraction.

It also means, that's a poor corner design, especially for a turn that's supposed to be a major overtaking zone.
I believe that turn 1 is in a slightly different place, but pretty much like it was back when the world was largely care free and men were real men...

The two wide round corners thing is rare. Overtaking is mainly under braking, probably finishing a move that actually started with a better exit from the previous. Always has been.

I actually think some of these crap modern tracks have provided more two wide through a sequence of corners than we've seen before. And I'm thinking Bahrain and others! Including COTA where that was helped by a pragmatic and not strict approach to track limits.