View Single Post
Old 30 Jan 2004, 11:56 (Ref:856271)   #19
Try Hard
Veteran

China
Taicang
Try Hard should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Can i offer a subjective veiw here, what about if the roles were reveresed, and rubhino was given the opportunities that micheal had (a team mate to do his bidding etc), would he have achieved the same results a schumi??
He would have won a fair few more races for sure... but would he be as succesful in terms of WDC (and therefore automatically rated a great driver, or so it seems by veiws on this thread)??
Personally, I don't like micheal much, but i do respect what he has acheived, and the fact that he is very quick in a car. But some of the methods he has used to get that succes, sometimes i don't agree with (its the sportsman in me). Silverstone '03, and some of his starts spring to mind.
And Gt R, I beg to differ with this
Quote:
And i beg to differ that "Michael risk lives to win" and "less a sportsman". Firstly, anybody who seriously think Michael put lives at risk at Aust 94/Jerez 97 or his defending position tactics are simply and grossly over-exaggerating the consequences. Unfair? Maybe. Dangerous? Perhaps. Fatal? Probably not.
Any driver who forces another driver into a position where an accident is possible, is risking that drivers life! it is showing a great lack of respect for his fellow drivers. F1 maybe safer now than a 10 or so years ago, but if you think about they are still travelling at very fast speeds, an an element of the unknown still exists with what can happen in an accident. Could ever imagine someone like Clark of Fangio doing that if they were in Schumis position, I think not.

Also, if we're going down the route of simply saying whose best by comparing WDC, then what about moss? Never won a WDC, but one of the greats for sure....

But to get back on thread, Micheal is better than Rubens (althought it is probably a lot closer than people think)

Regards
Ed

Last edited by Try Hard; 30 Jan 2004 at 11:57.