View Single Post
Old 21 Jan 2009, 12:26 (Ref:2376055)   #9
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
CC chassis possibilities

Largely copied from Capri thread, an update.

Before anything official can be added to the Chassis archive, I thought that an outline of what we know about CC chassis numbers might help jog some memories as to their histories and how many there were.

I am also going to add other race cars that the company built and developed.

Group 1 Ford Capri 3.0s - British & European Saloon Car Championship entries 1978-82:
CC1 - CC25

Then:
CC26 or
CC27 - might have been the ETC Group A Mustang project that only ran for a year in 1983. Probably canned due to CC/BMW deal for 84. (We don't know if CC actually built those cars though, in which case the Mustangs may not have CC specific chassis numbers).

Group A Opel Monza - BTCC 1983?
CC26 OR 27?

Group A BMW 635 CSi - BTCC/ETC 1984
There was also a spare Eggenberger built car that was a very early 635 but possibly not assigned a CC number? If it did get one it is likely to be CC28
CC29 James Weaver
CC30 Vince Woodman
CC31 Vince Woodman (CC30 Rebuilt according to ian beckett)
The 3 cars were sold to Frank Sytner in 1985 and one then went to Mike Newman. Which one we need to confirm.

The last car that the firm may have built then is:
Grp C Tiga Lambo. If numbers are consecutive then this may well have been designated CC32?

There's also a possibility that other cars the firm built or developed but may never have seen competitive action, or maybe were sold abroad were also given CC chassis numbers.

There's an awful long way to go with this folks!

Last edited by chunterer; 21 Jan 2009 at 12:34.