View Single Post
Old 10 Jan 2010, 17:58 (Ref:2611109)   #13
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Wilkinson View Post
This probably won't help any, but the info I've got is that this car went to JQF / Fina and was run for the first part of the '89 BTCC season, then passed to Stuart Donnan for a few outings in '90 and then onto Thundersaloons. I'm working on someone else's research that the Sands Crystal / CC car went to JQF for van Kouwen.
On the conrtary, it all helps!

How we'd get the chassis number is another thing altogether though!!

We don't know how many cars may have been built for overseas Group A customers between 1983 and 1988 (or even Group N cars and such like) but if the '84 Bee-ems were CC29-31, and the Lambo was CC32 or later, then the Sierra if it had such a tag might be as late as CC40 or something??

Quote:
Originally Posted by KA View Post
The GMDS Group A Monza ended up as a Thundersaloon, first in original 3-litre form, then later with a 5-litre Chevy V8.

It was being advertised for sale in Autosport in the mid/late 80's by Joe Ward.
Ah yes, thanks KA! I had a feeling that was the same car, back in the day and hadn't thought about it in relation to this thread until I read the entry list for the first Thundersaloon race recently.

But crucially until I'd read the preview in the '83 TT programme, I didn't have any clue that the car was originally CC built!! I've mentioned it before but this must've been the beginning oif the relationship between Dave Cook and Vauxhall, even if they didn't combine forces as builder and entrant again until 1985 thanks to CC's BMW deal for '84.....