Thread: IMSA IMSA : 2019
View Single Post
Old 13 Dec 2017, 09:34 (Ref:3786776)   #93
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonerz View Post
Pruett is responsible for the vast majority of the sports car content on Racer.com. He was also one of the most vocal opponents of the DP generations 1-3, and the DP 3.5/P2 mix that IMSA had from 2014-2016. So he doesn't simply trumpet what is going on over here.

Chris
There's plenty of articles on dpi and it's future that are geared towards they are the answer to the lmp1 ideas going forward. SC365 does this often as well. If you have read racer.com's pieces that is pretty clear. I didn't say they were biased. I said they lean towards the American view on things more often. Obviously being American based is a reason for that. Indycar is the biggest thing on that site as well.

The thing I'm saying is that I don't know what dpi will do for the future and if manufacturers looking to enter both the wec and imsa will sway that decision. The wec lmp1's are looking like a gt prototype for the new rules. Will they be able to run them in imsa too? And vice versa run imsa cars at Le Mans? I don't see how these guys will win anyone more than they have over if they can't do both.