View Single Post
Old 11 Jan 2018, 22:06 (Ref:3792142)   #885
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03 View Post
Without wanting sound like too much of a killjoy, for me, the 'Big Day' has definitely lost something (actually quite a lot) over the years. The sense of anticipation simply isn't there anymore, to anywhere near the same extent, because in fact, we pretty much know what is going to be announced, well in advance. There's no room for those surprises anymore, just the odd controversy over one or two teams who did, or didn't, get the nod for Le Mans from the ACO.

But maybe 2018 will be different, here's hoping...
In recent years the only real surprises have come LMP2 (who's in and who's out) and to extent how unnecessarily many GTE-SHAMs there seem to be every year, but I think this year with the unknown quantity of LMP1 we're into one exciting press conference!

Beyond just teams I guess the other things to look forward to are whether there's G56 (at least it's not been officially denied quite yet), the proto-GT split percentage, and whether we get 10 full reserves again as we should, after last year only saw pitiful 2

Just hope the proceeding itself would be executed less embarrassingly than last year, I mean the social media sections were more cringe worthy than anything before IIRC

I still wonder how the 2019 conference will look like considering that we will already know most of the field at that point