Thread: 10Ths Icon Getting to know you!
View Single Post
Old 17 Oct 2006, 11:13 (Ref:1740073)   #28
chrisp2006
Racer

chrisp2006 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi Im Chris and I'm 22 years old.

I first got into motor racing when I watched an F1 race on tv in 1991. From then on I supported Nigel Mansell and went to Silverstone in 1992 and 1993.

As I got older I became less interested but still went to the odd British GP. I also am a big music fan so I became predominantly occupied with this up until 2003 when I watched another F1 race(think it was austria) and became hooked even more than I had before.

Mainly I follow F1 but I like Gt racing, touring car racing and World Rally also. I watch shows such as top gear, buy car magazines such as evo. I used to buy F1 racing but usually buy autosport or Motorsport news.

I have a lot of books such as 'the mechanics tale', 'villeneuve', 'the life of senna', 'history of Porshe', 'Cavlliano Rampante' '50 years of Grand Prix'. I have DVDs such as the Senna one, F1 onboard and The discovery channel F1 dvd.

Events I have been to include WTCC, Formula Ford festival and HRSCC at Brands Hatch, Truck racing at Pembrey( mainly went for the welsh sports and saloon championship) and the Goodwood festival of speed .

For the future I may be interested in doing some marshalling and some trackdays.