Thread: 10Ths Icon Getting to know you!
View Single Post
Old 19 Apr 2007, 12:55 (Ref:1895491)   #50
Alx
Racer

United Kingdom
The World Where I Live
Alx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, having been welcomed and provided a link to this topic by Knowlesy, I am going to use this space to introduce myself

I'm Alex (female version), I'm 25 and I'm in the middle of a one year masters degree. I used to post at this place years back when I stumbled across it via a website called "Fantasy Formula Renault" - does that place still exist? I can't remember my pseudo back then but it was probably either Alx or Senninha (which was my original F1-pseudo from when I was about 15). Whatever, I couldn't remember, and the system didn't recognise my email address or whatever so I've re-joined. My current pseudo originates from a favourite song of mine, but I also like the word and I think to an extent it suits the darker side of my personality

I got into motorsport through my dad, who always had the F1 on when Nigel Mansell was doing his stuff. Got into it properly in the mid-90s, when I started watching F1 seriously, and then whichever other motorsport series I could catch on TV. Been visiting racing circuits since 1998, and can't go a season without seeing my F3 favourites at least once I'm mainly a single-seater kind of a girl F1, F3, GP2, F3000, World Series, Formula Renault, Formula Ford etc., but I still follow the BTCC, WRC and of course those beautiful Le Mans and sportscars.

Collection-wise - my main passion is die cast models, of which are mainly 1:43 but I have the odd 1:18 and the two 1:12 1988 McLaren MP4/4s. Mainly F1, but I've attempted to buy every F3 car I've seen, and there's still the odd sportscar, touring car and rally car in there. I've become a snob though, and I can't bring myself to buy non-minichamps now! I have no idea how many I have now, but it's probably in the region of 300.

I do like the books and the magazines and am another one to add to the list of subscribers to Autosport, also like the Video/DVD season reviews of the championships and Autocourse annuals (which is marked in as a Christmas present every year!!). Odd bits of cars from crashes which happen in front of me and loads of the usual junk accumulated over the years! I also have a habit of buying flags for my favourite drivers then hunting them out and getting them to sign them.

Officially sad then
"To do something well is so worthwhile that to die trying to do it better cannot be foolhardy. It would be a waste of life to do nothing with one's ability, but I feel that life is measured in achievement, and not in years alone"