View Single Post
Old 18 Apr 2012, 07:19 (Ref:3061288)   #11
Richard Sneader
Veteran

Scotland
Grays, Essex
Richard Sneader should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As already said, Don't, DON'T do it. Use the extinguisher as per its and your training day training. If you change this and no one is aware and something happens, I am sure questions would be raised, worse case scenario, if you use this starp and delay fire fighting in a real incident because the strap failed in some way resulting in the delay then again I am sure questions would be raised.
I do have one question for you. You mentioned you carried the extinguisher in both hands? If you are doing this across your chest this is extrememly dangersour too, especially if you trip or fall( wait for the flack now)
Extinguishers to be carried by the handle and you get to the incident as safe as you can. If you are having a problem with carrying extinguishers then please chat to your club, chief etc and see what can be done. Remember and I know its contraversal( I know someone will shoot me for this) you do sign on and that says as per the paragraph at the top of the sheet you are signing to say you are fit for that duty you are doing.
incoming...