View Single Post
Old 18 Apr 2012, 12:46 (Ref:3061472)   #20
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by m1fcf View Post
how about getting more bottles at more gaps, so you don't have to carry them long distances?
I was taught:
  1. This is your extinguisher.
  2. This is your new best friend.
  3. You will take your best friend to any incident you attend.
  4. Even if you have to take your best friend past one of his mates, rule 3 applies.
You have no idea what state any particular bottle is in at any time, it could have lost pressure, could have gained pressure, could be leaking, whatever. At least you can check your best friend during the day. Also means that if you do have to run past an extinguisher you know it's there as a potential backup.

Only exception to this rule is if you are going to cross the track to an incident. Yes, many say "don't cross the track", I will do so if I feel it's necessary, safe and I trust my flag to find me a gap.