View Single Post
Old 31 Aug 2009, 14:36 (Ref:2531868)   #34
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
See I cannot agree with having to run everything as per period thisis when you get the one model coming to the fore because someone or other happened to homologate something in period. This is why we have the bizarre situation with the Corvette where the 350 Small block has to run with drum brakes but the big block can run with discs (or the other way round feel free to correct me), where is the sense in that? And also a lot of this flexing of the regs is simply because with such a vaste range of models I can imagine its virtually impossible for the scrutineers. So why not just move it forward and say externally identifiable engine running at the correct cc all other internal mods free, electronic ignition OK, gerabox and transmission as per originals but allow exceptions if one model has inherent weaknesses or parts are no longer available, brakes free as long as they fit in the standard wheel diameters, oh s*** I have done it again, just described the CTCRC regs. Opps sorry.