View Single Post
Old 13 Nov 2007, 07:59 (Ref:2066278)   #41
275 GTB-4
Veteran

Australia
South of Sydney NSW, Australie
275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Thursday, 8 November 2007

With over 800 expressions of interest by November 1, it will be a very difficult task selecting acceptances from entries …. they will be sent out very shortly. Some entrants will be bitterly disappointed for which we are already very sorry.

So let’s look at some reasons that will have no bearing on our selection of acceptances:

* But my car won the 1888 Spondangler GP in Turkistan
* But I have wanted to do Bathurst for 45 years
* But I have driven Bathurst 34 times in 20 years
* But I am your best friend
* But I am a legend in my own lunchtime
* But I am the President of the XXX club
* But I can bring you heaps and heaps of sponsors
* But I wrote the book on Bathurst
* But Mark Skaife is my teacher and/or brother and/or husband
* But my entry was on your desk one second after entries opened
* But my massive ego will be hurt beyond repair if I miss out
* But I am 93 and I won’t get another chance before the hearse arrives
* But I am the fastest driver in group XYZ

Get the message?

1. We will not be giving reasons for selection (CAMS Rules).
2. Please put yourself in our shoes:

o We must have the best meeting ever to confirm CAMS trust in us to “run the Mount”.
o Would you risk all future meetings on a driver you didn’t know?
o Would you throw away the chance of 10 years of club motor sport at the “Mount” by filling events with unknown drivers who could bend a car and/or themselves and destroy the following events for a couple of hundred drivers?

We are very aware of the future as well as this meeting, so bear with us please.

Motor sport is back at the Mountain and if not you next year, the one after maybe.

If you have a reference that may influence our decision, please attach it to your entry, but Hairy Bondoogogler from Mt Isa is not the best reference to be had!

What about Regularity with 200 expressions of interest received at 1 st November?

Quite obviously we cannot accept all of them and we must be sure we accept drivers who are capable of handling multi-car events (not three or four cars only), differing speeds and not fall foul of red-mist. This is very strictly a regularity trial and drivers will be sent home immediately if they treat the event as a race!

The CAMS L2S is the basic starting point and then driver experience kicks in for acceptance.

Letting loose a car on the Mountain with a driver who has never run in a group a cars - fast – is only asking for trouble. And that trouble would spell the end of Regularity on the Mountain and not one of us wants that.

So if you can demonstrate your ability to drive well and safely on a busy circuit, let us know.

References as with drivers in races could improve your chances if the reference is of value and from a person known to our team which includes the FoSC Masters.

There will be no-passing zones in Regularity but overtaking will occur elsewhere and drivers inexperienced in such movements on a circuit place the whole event together with all the competitors at great risk – so understand if you do not appear to qualify for the meeting please.

There is always the next year, by when you will have proven beyond doubt you are very capable!