View Single Post
Old 17 Jan 2017, 16:26 (Ref:3703172)   #159
crossfades
Veteran

Sweden
crossfades should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Langheck View Post
I think that figure was made up by a Finnish journalist; his offer was discussed on the Sportscar section, and very few believed Toyota would offer that much, especially as they're careful of splashing the cash after the F1 disaster. And the WEC programme is still the supposed No1 priority.

As for M-Sport, they sell all kinds of cars all over the world; WRCars, R5, plus the single make Fiestas, the Focus RX cars, etc I suspect the Bentley GT3 is a money spinner; they're popping up all over the place.
Oh, okay. I know I didn't read it from any of the bigger sources so I was a bit unsure. They do have money though being the number one manufacture in the world and WRC is not as expensive as WEC. Getting a driver like Ogier would definitely have had an impact for them.

There is also some internal dispute in Toyota between the WRC team in Finland and GmbH in Germany.

So true about M-Sport, for example they completed their 200th R5 the other day. Seeing a car from them in rallying for me is like seeing a Volvo in Sweden, it's impossible to not see one ...