View Single Post
Old 15 Sep 2004, 09:07 (Ref:1097051)   #25
Team Gunston
Rookie

Team Gunston should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Thank you Allen.

My doubts in Mcintosh's records as far as chassis numbers are concerned are increasing since I have discovered that he reported that Team Gunston and Domingo Brabaham BT33 was BT33/4, which is an unknown chassis number.

New pics are appearing regularly on the Motorpics.co.za website and one can attest from that source that, when Willie Ferguson drove the car first time out, it was in MRD colours, so it is hard to believe it was a new car built for him. Matching the entry lists and the cars numbers, also I have discovered that the odd #7 car on the photo showing the starting grid of the 1975 Republic Trophy, in Michael Oliver's Lotus 72 book, was Mike Domingo's Brabham BT33. It had a very much alterated bodywork indeed ! And from my point of view, an horror compared with the neat lines of the original car.

Incidentally, I thought that Ferguson's car was entered under the Team Gunston banner at the 1972 SA GP. Was I wrong ? When the deal between Ferguson and Team Gunston (or Love) did occure ?