View Single Post
Old 27 Nov 2016, 19:07 (Ref:3691509)   #82
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'm not comparing it with anything or anyone else. I'm looking at it from the point of view of a driver who could still win the WDC. We all know that Hamilton could have driven off way into the distance and Rosberg would have cruised serenely to his unchallenged second place. Personally, knowing that there was a strategic way to still be in with a chance, I would have been disappointed if a racing driver with that chance didn't have a go at it. And I still believe his team was totally wrong to interfere. They had already cruised the Constructors champion and one of their drivers was going to win the WDC. They knew what he was doing and his tactic was wholly understandable.

We're not going to agree on this because my view is polarised on the driver - this driver - not any driver of the past.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wims View Post
I'm pretty sure that Lewis would have punted Niko of the track if it meant that he won the WDC. It was basically win at all cost today.
I think that is complete nonsense with absolutely no basis in fact. There was no win at any cost displayed at all - he adopted the only legitimate - and completely fair - strategy that he could. Stretching that to punting the other driver off - and probably having the win taken from him anyway - is absurd.