View Single Post
Old 4 Jun 2017, 08:48 (Ref:3738481)   #341
Lando
Rookie

Lando should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post
Maybe his love for rallycross keeps him in rallycross but it would surprise me if he hasn't any interesting offers from GT3 teams.
Mind you that most seats in GT3, even for pros's, requires funding.

So again something he won't need to bring to the family team as long as it is funded by Volkwagen Sweden he will have a comfortable paid seat there.

He is also so connected to the own team, his whole career for better or worse is all through the family team so there is a bit of a question mark around that and how he would perform in other environments I guess.

He is a great driver but some results has been helped. His dominance at Finland was impressive but was helped with a favourable weight and tire situation.
His title in STCC was basically without competition and helped by the turbo advantage.
His dominance in Carrera Cup was in part also helped by how the team could afford to do tests and always maximise the tyre regulations where others couldn't due to funding.

Do not intend to discredit him at all as a driver, he is really good, but I think his reputation is too closely linked to drive in the family team for others be willing to make a move on him. His drive for PWR last year was all KMS behind the scenes even. PWR had nothing to do with that car and the team on his car.

It will be interesting to see what happens if the day comes when KMS is no longer funded by Volkswagen Sweden group and can't continue.