View Single Post
Old 9 Jan 2007, 11:11 (Ref:1810297)   #8
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett
...... So my point is that as much as the BMW is a fantastic car, the poor old Blue oval appears to get a kick in the nuts because (heaven forbid) it actually dared to compete and win with a bread and butter car
I agree; it does seem wrong. As Peter knows, and it must be obvious to all (look left!!), I'll take BMW over Ford, but the fact that I am an enthusiast for one does not make me a detractor of the other. I felt obliged to defend the blue oval on the thread which triggered Peter's post here. Anyway, just as it takes two to tango, it takes two to have a race. These two models are inseparably linked from that period, and it clearly did BMW no harm to beat that 'bread and butter' car. I don't think Ford's input to motor racing across the board over the last 40 years can be matched by anyone, can it?

It would be great if Peter could fulfill one of his ambitions to own a Gp 2 Capri. It would be better still, if I had the wherewithall to own a Gp 2 CSL and be able to chase him around Silverstone or Brands in it, even though he would probably lap me after about 5 laps!

Oh, you beat me to it, jonners! And I don't know how that upside down camel appeared at the top of my post either!

Last edited by John Turner; 9 Jan 2007 at 11:14.