View Single Post
Old 23 Feb 2017, 08:16 (Ref:3714183)   #50
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I can't think enough people will sign a thing like that.

I think the bigger issue here is that the area is being used for another sport. That for me is why the protest has some validity. If the venue was simply being sold for property I could not see the point in complaining, as land in London now is almost priceless and homes in any area much needed.

But this is another sports stadium for a club that came from a fans protests years ago and didn't exist before then. They have already ruined another teams ground by selling the old Kingstonian ground to Chelsea for money and are now doing the exact same thing with another sports stadium for their own gain.

The only reason it is likely to be given the go ahead is that they are building houses there too, the area is industrial, it is not surrounded by housing, it is surrounded by tatty units and car dealers.

I think delaying tactics are the order of the day for the protestors, and what the shame is, is that we lose another track but gain another pointless football ground, for a team that doesn't need to exist.