View Single Post
Old 6 Jan 2015, 19:50 (Ref:3490417)   #1
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
2015 stoke row and nuffield motor sport day July 4th/5th.

About time I posted some news on this years show I am already getting car clubs and friends wanting to know if they can come and display, So the only date we could fit in this year does clash with the GP, 5th July. Not the first time we have had the dates clash. BTW this will be year seven !!!!.
The show has grown and grown and we ran out of room last year and that was on the new venue at Nuffield having the use of two large fields.
We did have a poor turn out last year of racing cars. I fear I might of shot myself in the foot as in the past with have had impressive turn out of F1 cars on display. The reason we set the show up in the first place was to educate people on grass routes motor sport and how to get started either as driver, mechanic, car pusher, marshal or spectator.
So this year I would love to get back and have some good old club racing cars, things like a 750 M/C low cost, VW Golf , Classic FFord, Formula Vee anything that has some motor racing history and don't forget our two wheel friends as well.
Saturday afternoon will be the bike ride which has got very popular with all the family. We meet up at the end of the ride in a pub down by the river in Wallingford such a nice afternoon. Back to base for BBQ and this year we will have proper beer "Dan Rear" this will then be followed by an Rounders Match and a good old evening of natter and noggin's. BTW plenty of room for campers.
Sunday morning the now famous Classic Car Tour and also the soap box car's. More info later here and web site.

Last edited by John Turner; 7 Jan 2015 at 12:06. Reason: Correct website address below in Alan's post - JT