View Single Post
Old 22 Feb 2014, 20:01 (Ref:3371094)   #8
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Leo Parente blames hatred for Nascar on marketing.

- o -

When I see any race, I expect each race and championship to reward merit. I want the best to win. There may be some rules to reduce the gap, but I don't want random results like a roulette or Mario Kart.

I expect the media to have a sports-based perspective. I expect to hear a description of the race, an explanation about why people perform well or badly, and the thoughts and feelings of the competitors.

In my opinion, the matter with Nascar marketing is that they turn it into a show, not as a racing sport.

Instead of putting rules that make fair, thrilling races, they introduce artifial randomness (fake cautions, new Chase) and artificial parity (lucky dog), while reducing rewards by finishing well (flat points scale).

On top of that, the media promote a poor show. It's all about ridiculous controversy and irrelevant stuff, rather than actual performance.

In essence, they run a show looking to attract audience and make profits in the dirtiest way, rather than run a fair, thrilling sport that attracts audience and makes profits on merit.