View Single Post
Old 16 Mar 2017, 19:03 (Ref:3719155)   #238
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
My assumption that the reports of McLaren overtures to Mercedes are...

1. Very real "Plan B" contingency planning. They would be fools to at least not looking into what it might take given the potential for a really bad 2017 season.

2. Public pressure on Honda.

Regarding funding, while Honda may provide a lot of money to McLaren, if all you can do is watch your cars stop on track, you really aren't racing, so there isn't much to lose. Regarding Alonso being paid for via Honda, if Alonso has an escape clause and pulled the eject handle, then that also validates the idea of going elsewhere.

I expect McLaren has little choice but to give Honda a handful of races to make progress. And if they are trending in the right direction, then it just will make any decision making for McLaren harder. I guess it just depends upon how fast they make progress.

Richard