View Single Post
Old 14 Jul 2009, 10:08 (Ref:2501442)   #38
David Towe
Veteran

England
Glenmore Park NSW
David Towe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
[QUOTE=anthony81901;2500632]By round 1 of the Endurance Championship at Amaroo Park the original Richards car had been sold to Archibald Motorsport and was raced by Trevor Crowe. Crowe used it to win the 87 NZTCC (co-driving with Richards) before it was sold to John Sax. Crowe raced the car at Bathurst in 88 with Peter Janson to 4th place.
At the 87 Sandown 500 there was an M3 for John Sax & Graham Lorimer. The 88 Bathurst annual states this was raced by Longhurst in the 87 ATCC and was converted from the team’s 86 325i, while the 88 Great Race annual states Sax and Lorimer raced it 4 times in Australia before shipping it to NZ after the Sandown 500. It was raced at the 88 Oran Park 250 by Sax and John Sorrenson and at Bathurst by Kayne Scott and Sorrenson.
QUOTE]

Consider this, my car came with an ECU with Trevor Crowe's name and address in NZ written on it, but the Crowe/Viacard car had the air jacks behind the rear wheels, my car doesn't although the position of the bonnet pins is the same as the Crowe/Viacard car. Has anyone got any pics of the Finnauer car or the inside of the "art cars"? These pics would help to confirm which was which, certainly which was the Crowe/Viacard car as this was the only one with the air jacks behind the rear wheels.