View Single Post
Old 5 Mar 2018, 21:30 (Ref:3806074)   #3096
mark_l
Veteran

England
mark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by RS67 View Post
I realise all that, but there has been talk of having guest drivers as it is the 60th anniversary and as at least one TBL (could be 2, I can't remember) is owned by Toca, but loaned to teams, Toca can do whatever they want with one if it is being unused. Other teams would have to agree to the financial help anyway. I can't see Toca doing it behind every other teams back. I don't know if it is the same now, but back in the 90's, there was several drivers/team owners on the Toca board, if that is still the case, it would be impossible to keep it quiet.
The 2 TOCA TBL's I believe are with Power Maxed Racing, but I don't think TOCA could dictate who drives for PMR at any event. Both TOCA TBL's are in use so there isn't one not being used.

There are 32 TBL's in total, including the TOCA ones, and all are allocated so there I don' think there will be any surprise extra cars appearing at the Snetterton round. Why would a championship contender give up their drive so an Alain Menu, Steve Soper etc can have an outing.

There is a celebration of 60 years of the BTCC at the Silverstone Classic, but that is no much to do with TOCA.