WOCCOWAYCER
Rookie

United Kingdom
DAVENTRY
WOCCOWAYCER should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Metro Challenge

Quote:
Originally Posted by mab01UK View Post
Found a couple of photos I took in the paddock at the Brands Hatch British Grand Prix (17th July 1982) of the Unipart Metro Challenge Mini Moke support vehicle which may be of interest.
(The Datapost Metros racing on the day in the GP support races were the Group A turbo cars running in the RAC British Saloon Car Championship).

I have been guided to this thread by mab01uk on the Mini Forum as I have a keen interest in the Metro Challenge.

I think I can add a few names to some of the photos
The Challenge Moke photos show John Foden, (sporting a very dodgy moustache), who was the Metro Challenge co-ordinator at the time.

I think the guy with him in the TAG shirt is the late Sheridan Thynne who was responsible for collecting sponsors at Williams Grand Prix, I cannot think why he would be there unless it was because another Williams GP employee
Peter Windsor actually raced in the series, (the Richard Grant car in your photos), not sure if it was that year though.
Please correct me if I'm wrong.

I'm fairly sure the Longman/Curnow BTC Metro's were normally aspirated, not turbo'd, as was the Castrol/Wadham Stringer car of Roger Saunders.