View Single Post
Old 3 Nov 2014, 12:40 (Ref:3471160)   #84
MoraineSweep
Rookie

MoraineSweep should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRspitfirefan View Post
However it is the quality of the cars, teams and drivers in World Challenge that has driven the growth of the series.
I attended both the IMSA and the PWC events at Road America this year. The PWC races were fantastic, while the IMSA "spectacle" was not very enjoyable for me.
I felt the same way. Went to PWC and TUDOR at Road America too and was absolutely enthralled by the PWC race. I was lucky to have gone on Friday so I saw the all green flag race, so I'm sure that added to my experience. However, the battle for the top spots in that race and the diversity of the GT3 machinery was awesome.

The TUDOR race and field just did not seem to excite me the same way. I'm sure over half of the race being under FCY didn't help, but I just didn't end the day feeling as happy with what I saw as I did after seeing PWC. Obviously there were elements I liked about the TUDOR race...size of field (50+ cars is never a bad thing), factory GTLM machinery, 600hp Chevy DPs with side pipes (TV doesn't do those justice), but I just enjoy it as much as a whole.