View Single Post
Old 5 Oct 2016, 11:17 (Ref:3677467)   #512
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
They have all been swept up in the hype.

You can't blame them, there are not enough drivers and teams to really compete in a proper ERC like it used to be. Well not true, there are, but to get them all agreeing would be hard.

I personally think it's possible but it would need some considerable budget and effort to convince people to not do ERX.

It is fewer rounds for lower budgets, less travelling, better exposure (although in reality you get nothing on tv, all social media) and the chance to be in the same paddock as the supposed elite.

But in reality you are the poor relation, paying a lot for that privilege. But they all do it for some stupid reason.

But if no-one offers an alternative, and teams like Munnich etc are happy to hand over thousands to IMG what can you do, other than start a series, offer them better deals on ferries, hotels, prize money.

For me I would look initially at a one off event, a rallycross spectacular at somewhere like Valkenswaard or Estering, or even Sosnova. Huge prize fund, get the big teams there, and also the smaller ones, they are all out there, they just can't afford to compete in WRX, the door has been completely closed to them.