View Single Post
Old 12 Jul 2008, 00:33 (Ref:2249504)   #44
cut7jag
Rookie

United Kingdom
Rotherham
cut7jag should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi Everyone

Just wondered if anyones into the Rob Beere E-types ?.
Rob's prepared cars were driven by Malcolm Hamilton, you can tell what year each car ran in because it has that number on the car. Here are just a few of the many I have of this ever developing beast ending up at 7.4 litre. The 2000 ( 00 ) photo was taken by me at Donnington when Malc was made to start from the pit lane. He had taken pole but was 10 seconds late getting to the grid, he came screaming out of the pit lane in last place with his 'dander up' over taking 12 cars on the first lap, Win Percy had gone in the Don Law prepared XJ220 Jag but by lap 6 Malc was in 2nd place eventually winning but put a con-rod through the block just as he got past the flag. The white fire extinguisher powder is seen all over the car, the team very kindly sent me this piston from that wrecked engine ... I felt privelidged because they said things like this usually go on display in their 'bent cabinet'. In 2001 ( the year it got bent for good ) the car in new white & blue 'Lighthouse Group' livery broke the Woodbridge speed trials at 184mph before having to lift off because Malc had run out of runway !!. Has anyone else got any photos of the Beere Beasts ?.

Thanks cut7jag ( Gary )
Attached Thumbnails
ROB BEERE E WOODBRIDGE.jpg