View Single Post
Old 19 Nov 2016, 21:02 (Ref:3689587)   #12
geordiecriag101
Racer

United Kingdom
Market Harborough
geordiecriag101 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgeordiecriag101 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Regarding the Rallying, Croft has hosted two very successful rally's for the 16/17 years in the Swift Signs and the Jack Frost.

I've been going to the Swift signs one for the last 5 years as a spectator and enjoy every minute as it is the best way to break up the xmas period.

As for the circuit its self, yes compared to the MSV tracks and Silverstone the circuit features can best be described as "Basic", but its a place i love to be watching the racing as especially in the summer months it has a lovely old school feel.

As there is almost none of the modern high catch fencing to get in the way, the viewing is great as from the banks around turns 1-2-3 you can see most of the first half of the lap and same for the back section, the view the banks from Sunny out all the way around the Complex give great views, much better than sum of the more modern circuits.

One thing i would agree on is there could be a lot more done to promote the circuit both locally and nationally. For example the last 2 years there as been a motor show held in Newcastle city centre but there was little to no sign of anything promoting Croft or its calendar of events.