View Single Post
Old 24 Sep 2007, 18:38 (Ref:2021964)   #1
djb
Veteran

djb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
"A Style"--as the texting generation would say- WTF?

Earlier in the season, I had a (North American) laugh at the "Nickle and Dime" sponser signs, with the nickle an diming" expression over here not something you'd ever use for the name of a business..

so, now after watching the Japanese 250 and Motogp races, just what on earth is this "A-Style" company and what do you guys think of it?

Never seen it before in me life, and well, I can imagine its a company for a bathhouse (g)A(y)Style or something, cuz well it certainly looks likes a couple of blokes being rather friendly with each other. The logo is really like the FedEx logo, once you start seeing the "arrow" between the "E" and the "x", you notice it all the time. So here, watching the races and listening to the interviews, all I could see was the risquée placement of the two little dots beside the "A".

while I don't think it's too appropriate (I mean there is so much sex in advertising now) I have to admit that its a pretty darn smart piece of graphic work, how those two dots completely change the use of the "A" (dependant though on the little flat bits at the bottom of the A)

anyway, just was surprised to see a logo being used with such wide coverage.