View Single Post
Old 20 Mar 2017, 14:21 (Ref:3720188)   #11
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArnageWRC View Post
Knowing that you're a Motorsport fan, isn't that a little damning of the organisers/ promoters??
I don't want to damn anyone unfairly but yes, perhaps. I rely on Facebook to keep up with a lot of motorsport and I know Facebook has a tendancy to filter what you see, so it's possible I have missed some press releases...

...having said that, if you look at the BRC page there doesn't seem to be as much activity (i.e. news stories) as there were last year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArnageWRC View Post
I still maintain that rallying in the UK is pretty poor at promoting itself. Where was the radio coverage of this event? I've hardly seen the BRC mentioned on the popular motorsport forums. Why? It looked as though it was a decent event; if a little short.
Is radio as crucial these days? Social media seems to be the most far-reaching form of communication. I had seen some off-season talk about the 2017 season on the British Rally forum, though I tend not to post their much as some of the posters do seem overly hostile if they don't like what they read!

Details aside, I do agree with your overall point: rallying in the UK is not well promoted and, where the BRC seemed strong early last year (I guess as a push to launch the "new look" Championship), it doesn't seem to have been consistent.